Atari 5200 is a gaming console manufactured by Atari. It was released in November 1982. It is one of the oldest gaming consoles. It is a second generation gaming console. It was a predecessor of Atari 2600 and successor of Atari 7800. This gaming console has MOS 6502C @ 1.79 MHz Central Processing Unit. It has an analog joystick with numeric buttons. It also has started, pauses and reset buttons. So, in a nutshell, Atari 5200 was a very famous and highly sold gaming console at its active time. This gaming console impressed most of its users. But it was discontinued on 21st May 1982. So, if anyone who want to play its games and wants to renew the old memories, can use its emulator in a pc. Today we are going to do the same.
In this article, We will discuss the whole setup process of Atari 5200 emulator. We will know which is the best Atari 5200 emulator to use and how to use it in our Windows pc. So, let’s know about the emulator and start the setup process.
System Requirements for Altirra 3.10
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista,7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 bit or x64 edition) Not supported in Windows RT.
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 CPU or better or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or newer.
RAM: Any RAM size above 2GB
Features of Altirra:
- It Emulates various systems like Atari 400/800, 1200XL, 130XE, 600/800XL and 5200.
- It is able to record audio and video of the gameplay.
- Cheater function is also available in this emulator.
- Inbuilt debugger for source codes.
- You can convert SAP to EXE.
- Visuals configuration is easy.
- You can open source code file directly from your system>
- Both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions available.
- Able to emulate multiple disk drive types with options for accelerated disk loads.
- Support most of the file formats like BAS, BIN, XFD, ATX, ATR etc.
How to Install and Run Atari 5200 Emulator (Altirra) in a PC
- First of all, you have to download this emulator. To do this, you have to go to its official page and download as per your system. (Download is available for both the versions i.e. both x86/x64 and ARM64.)
- You will get a compressed file. Extract it and you will get a folder with the emulator in it.
- Open the emulator and it is ready to use.
Now, you are finished with the setup process. You will need games to run on this emulator. You will require game ROMs. If you have ROM cd or downloaded soft copies of Atari 5200 games. You can download these game roms from some famous websites like Romsmania, Emuparadise etc.
Other Emulators for Atari 5200
This is one of the best emulators for Atari 5200. It works very well on every system. But if you don’t like it or your game is not running on it. Then you can try from the below emulators. The below emulators are tested and trusted by many users. Let’s have a look at these alternates also.
Atari ++ is a Unix based emulator developed to emulate Atari 400, Atari 800 and Atari 5200 games. This emulator is small in size and able to run most of the Atari 5200 games. It can be considered as the best alternate of Atari 5200 emulator. This emulator will require a little space from your RAM and will run on any processor. Atari++ is a good emulator for those who are using low-end computers or laptops. You can check all of its details on its official homepage (link is given below). You can also download this emulator too on its official website.
Features of Atari++
- It includes cycle precise emulation, it means this emulator includes correct emulation of horizontal kernels and programs that modify chip registers within a horizontal line.
- This emulator can run on any system, whether you are using x84 or x64 versions.
- This emulator can debug all the errors as it is having an inbuilt monitor.
- Atari++ consist of inbuilt Operating System and System Disk.
- Its frontend is so easy. You can modify controls and visuals easily on its home screen.
If you are familiar with the emulation industry, then you must be heard about RetroArch. It is a cross-platform emulator used to run various games in our pc. Due to this, This a little bit large in size but it has some amazing features too. You have to download it from its original websites. It is available for windows, mac, Linux etc. Check all the download details and link from the below-given button.
Best NDS Emulator For Android for Free (Drastic DS Emulator)
This was all about Atari 5200 emulator. If you have any problem or query regarding this article. Please contact me. I have recently posted articles on nds emulator, ps3 emulator and many others. You can visit my website to know more about emulators and play games of famous consoles in your pc and android devices.